Saturday, December 15, 2012

Participating in Monthly Noob Environment Challenge 3. .

Though I have been working on the Orc model,But I also participated in the Monthly Noob Environment Challenge 3. This is to
-improve my modeling skills
-more grasp in Zbrush and HiPoly to LowPoly work
-learning UDK

Here is the concept art.


WIP 1:
Blocking out and proportion matching.

WIP 2:
Detailed on some parts.
some Zbrushed floor tiles
WIP 3:

Haven't been able to work much due to the sitty 14 hrs/day loadshedding(power cut) in our country. So, gives me 1-3 hrs per day to work on it..

Anyways, few updates from my side
-Stairs
-Tile floor, and
-the wall

[I think I am already late, but I'll try to finish up the
-water heater
-floor, and
-the rack
then will learn how to place them in UDK and all ]

WIP 4:
Had a new year holiday to work on another prop. the water heater and the pipes... Took me whole day to finish this, but I am pretty happy with it for now


WIP 5:
Completed few other props for the room. Rendered the shot in marmoset, looks okay for now but will do all the additional work later when I assemble them in UDK.

Exported few meshes BUT does look correct, everything looks DARK,even with lights and also the normal map seem to be flipped or something :S ...

Anyways, ill be continuing the work in UDK and start lighting

WIP#6:.
Completed few of the remaining models and all now exported to UDK. Nothing much to show today.
WIP #7:
Assembled everything in UDK, did a test lighting. Nothing much done on lighting.
WIP #8
Did a little paint over to see how I'd be doing the lighting.I like this one but too dark at the side ???

WIP#9
Had been working on the lighting. Did something on here. Here it goes.. I am not sure, which version I would prefer. Would fix some of the texturing issues later once, I am happy with the total lighting.Here are 2 versions. Which one do you like ?


WIP#10
WIP#11

WIP#12

WIP #13
Finally something, I like.. Almost done with the lighting. Pretty much happy with it for now, will model few more props, change some textures... And I'd probably call it completed. :D
                       
 WIP #14            
Since I got comments that the scene is still dark and cold and not matches with the concept. Did a few tweak on the environment setting. I learned about this Color Grading/Color lookUp table feature of UDK and I must say, I AM IMPRESSED..  We could easily change the overall look in less time. I'll start the other props soon now. For now this is the update.
 WIP#15
Added few more prop, and I'm almooooostttt done with it



FINAL
Finally here is my final Basement Map.





No comments:

Post a Comment